A Stable Alternative to Removable Dentures
Though removable dentures can give you confidence and are a great solution for some patients, they can slip, fall out and, eventually, lead to jawbone shrinkage. Implant-supported dentures are an excellent alternative and strike the right balance of stability, aesthetics and affordability. At Nest Dental, we can replace a full arch of upper and/or lower teeth by securing your dentures with a few strategically placed dental implants. To find out if you’re a candidate for implant-supported dentures in Vancouver, schedule a visit at Nest Dental today!
How Implant-Supported Dentures Work
Whether you’re getting new teeth for the first time or you want to replace your removable dentures, Dr. Sonia Sahi can surgically place four to six implants into your jaw. Sometimes, she can even use just two implants to convert existing lower dentures. After your procedure, you’ll temporarily wear transitional dentures while the implants fuse with your jawbone.
When the healing period is complete, Dr. Sahi will attach a set of custom, lifelike prosthetic teeth to the implants. These fixed dentures will be more comfortable, functional and natural-looking than removable dentures, and the implants will preserve the health and density of your jawbone.
Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures
Implant-supported dentures are more comfortable and stable than removable dentures. They won’t slip, slide or fall out.
Restores Function and Appearance
Dental implants give your dentures a stable anchor and allow you to chew more efficiently. They also prevent jawbone shrinkage and look natural and likelike.
You’ll get many of the benefits of dental implants, including comfort, stability and aesthetics, but the cost will be much less than replacing all of your missing teeth with individual implants.
Does getting dental implants hurt?
The process of getting dental implants in order to secure your dentures doesn’t hurt. Dr. Sahi uses a local anesthetic to ensure you don’t feel a thing. You also have the option of sedation. You won’t feel any pain as the implants are placed.
When the anesthesia wears off after your dental implant surgery, you may be slightly sore. However, the pain is usually easily managed by taking an over-the-counter pain reliever. Dr. Sahi will provide you with detailed post-operative instructions to follow, which will also help reduce swelling and discomfort. Most patients return to work in a day or two.
What are the pros and cons of implant-supported dentures?
- Implant-supported dentures are less expensive than getting individual implants to replace all of your missing teeth.
- Because your dentures will be firmly attached to the dental implants, you won’t have to worry about them slipping or falling out.
- The implants will help prevent jawbone shrinkage, which maintains your oral health and appearance.
- Implant-supported dentures are more comfortable than removable dentures.
- The enhanced stability will allow you to chew more efficiently and eat a wider range of foods.
- Implant-supported dentures are more expensive than removable dentures.
- You will need to wait a few months for the implant to fuse with the jawbone before we can attach your permanent dentures. While you’re waiting, however, you can wear transitional dentures.
Why should I choose Nest Dental for implant-supported dentures?
- Dr. Sonia Sahi, our Vancouver general dentist, has training and experience in placing dental implants and in designing custom dentures.
- Our gorgeous office is clean and soothing.
- We offer safe sedation dentistry.
- Nest has the latest dental tech, including 3D radiographic imaging, to aid in complex dental treatment.
- With air purification systems, medical-grade sterilization and sanitation, enclosed operatories and negative pressure isolation, we create a safe environment for you.
- Our team is compassionate, caring and knowledgeable.
- You can choose from a variety of amenities for maximum comfort (put on some wireless headphones and catch up on your favorite Netflix shows).
- We have transparent pricing and flexible financing. We also accept most insurance plans and will even file claims on your behalf. Our team will work with you to create a financing plan that fits your budget.
A Modern Take on Oral Health
Get expert dental care for the whole family in one convenient Vancouver location. With a gorgeous space, thoughtful service and a range of tech, Nest is creating a new kind of dental experience.