Reclaim Your Smile
If missing teeth are standing in the way of having outstanding oral health and a fabulous smile, dental implants could be the answer. Dental implants fuse with the bone and function just like the tooth’s root. This creates a stable foundation for a permanent replacement tooth that will look and feel completely natural. Dental implants offer a more comfortable, oral-health preserving alternative to removable dentures and dental bridges. At Nest, our Vancouver dental implants are affordable and we make the process surprisingly convenient and comfortable. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Sonia Sahi and she’ll be able to determine if you’re a candidate for dental implants in under 30 minutes.
If you lost a tooth, whether from injury, decay or gum disease, Dr. Sahi can replace it with a single dental implant. A dental implant is a small, titanium screw that replaces the root structure of a missing tooth. Once the implant fuses with your bone, we can attach a permanent, lifelike dental crown. The crown will look and function like the rest of your natural teeth. The best part? With proper care, your dental implant can last a lifetime.
If you have several missing teeth, Dr. Sahi can place individual dental implants. Or, if your missing teeth are in a row, she can use two implants to support three or more replacement teeth. When the crowns are attached to the implant, they’ll look and feel natural, allowing you to chew, smile and speak with confidence. No one will be able to tell you ever had missing teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Comfortable and Long-Lasting
Because dental implants are embedded in your jawbone and serve as your tooth’s root, they’re comfortable, secure and can last a lifetime.
Dental implants give your replacement teeth a stable anchor. They look and function just like your natural teeth and are almost just as strong.
By keeping your jawbone in top-notch shape and preventing bone loss, implants maintain your facial structure and prevent facial sagging to help you look your best.
The entire dental implant process typically takes between six and eight months. If your damaged or diseased tooth is still in place, Dr. Sahi will extract your tooth first. If you don’t have adequate quantity or quality of bone to support a dental implant, she may also need to perform a bone graft.
Once the extraction and/or bone graft heals, it will be time to place your dental implant. Many patients choose sedation for the procedure. If you do decide on sedation, once you’re sedated, Dr. Sahi will use local anesthesia to numb the area. She’ll then embed a titanium screw in your jawbone. She used 3D computerized treatment planning to determine exactly where to place the implant.
Depending on your unique situation and the location of the implant, we may or may not place a temporary restoration. You’ll heal for several months and the implant will fuse with your jawbone (a process called osseointegration). When this is complete, Dr. Sahi will take digital impressions and create a permanent crown that will be attached to your dental implant.
We know the thought of having a screw embedded in your jaw does not sound appealing. But, getting a dental implant actually doesn’t hurt and most people are really surprised by how simple it is. During the procedure, you’ll be numb thanks to a local anesthetic and you can also opt for sedation. In either case, you won’t feel any pain as the implant is placed.
When the anesthesia wears off after your dental implant surgery, you may be a little sore. However, the pain is generally fairly mild and easily managed by taking an over-the-counter pain reliever. Dr. Sahi will provide you with detailed post-operative instructions to follow, which will also help reduce discomfort and swelling. Most patients return to work in a day or two.
Our Vancouver implant dentist can use dental implants to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth or even all of your teeth.
If you lose a permanent tooth and don’t replace it:
- The remaining teeth will shift into the gap. This can cause misaligned teeth and issues with your bite (i.e., how the upper and lower teeth fit together).
- You might feel self-conscious about how your smile looks.
- Biting and chewing will be more challenging.
- Your speech can be affected.
- The other teeth will bear the brunt of your chewing forces. This can cause excessive, uneven wear of the enamel and, in extreme cases, further tooth loss.
- The jawbone where the tooth was will no longer be stimulated. Your body will reabsorb the bone over time. This can impact the health of the adjacent teeth and bone. The bone shrinkage and loss may also cause the face and mouth to sink in, particularly if you’re missing multiple teeth, making you look older. This bone loss will still happen with dentures or fixed bridges.
Dental implants have a high success rate. Once the implant fuses with the bone, it will function just like a natural tooth, so you can eat whatever you’d like and smile with confidence. Implants don’t require any special homecare, and with a crown or other restoration in place, no one will be able to tell you were missing a tooth (or teeth).
Other benefits include:
- Implants won’t slip or make noises like removable dentures can.
- We don’t need to prep and place crowns on healthy, adjacent teeth like we do for a dental bridge.
- Dental implants are comfortable, especially when compared to dentures.
- Dental implants are the most aesthetic option.
- Implants are stable, strong and, with proper care, can last a lifetime.
- Dental implants help maintain teeth alignment and a healthy bite, because they prevent your other teeth from shifting into the gap left behind by the missing tooth.
- Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that preserves the health of your jawbone and prevents bone loss. This, in turn, allows you to maintain better overall oral health and stops facial sagging.
- Since dental implants are stable and work like your natural teeth when chewing, they prevent uneven wear and support the health of the entire chewing system.
- Dr. Sonia Sahi has training and experience in placing dental implants to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth or all of your teeth.
- Our office is clean, soothing and beautiful.
- We offer safe sedation dentistry.
- Nest is outfitted with the latest diagnostic and treatment technology.
- With medical-grade sterilization and sanitation, air purification systems, enclosed operatories and negative pressure isolation, we create a safe environment for you.
- Our team is compassionate, caring and knowledgeable.
- You can choose from a variety of amenities for maximum comfort.
- Not only are our high quality dental implants affordable, we also have transparent pricing and flexible financing. We accept most insurance plans and will even file claims on your behalf.
A Modern Take on Oral Health
Get expert dental care for the whole family in one convenient Vancouver location. With a gorgeous space, thoughtful service and a range of tech, Nest is creating a new kind of dental experience.